Bob Ramser - President
1. What is your name and title?
Bob Ramser – President
2. What is your role at Turfscape?
Coaching and training our Account Managers, and Branch Managers. Working with Fleet at both locations to make sure our trucks and equipment are in the best condition possible and to allocate future equipment and trucks. Working with our leadership team to strategic plan Turfscape’s future and to solve any issues we are facing. Help with the sales process and review and new contract work. Assist in the monthly and yearly budgeting process. Maintain our company's core values and culture. Customer service and client retention. Assist in Operations planning and execution.
3. How long have you worked at Turfscape?
I have been at Turfscape since 2005. I started in the field working as a Job Supervisor, promoted then to Operations Manager, then onto Account Manager, then Branch Manager, and now President.
4. How long have you worked in the landscape industry?
I have been in the industry since 1997.
5. What industry AND non-industry designations/certifications/degrees do you have?
CLT in softscape, maintenance, ornamental
Pesticide License in Core, Turf, Ornamental, and Industrial Vegetation
Design classes from Ohio State ATI
Supervisor Training from Akron U
Turf Management from CSU
6. What is your favorite project you worked on at Turfscape and why?
PAWSibilities/Humane Society of Summit County – Having to be the one to set up the project and see it come to life was awesome. Being able to be a part of that day with the other volunteers was a great day for Turfscape and the people at PAWSabilities.
Summa Health System Flowers – The challenge it takes to have a great floral layout is one of the greatest tests I have been put through. For weeks you don’t know how things are going to turn out, it takes patience and great care by all on staff at Turfscape to see the hard work pay off.
7. What is your favorite Have Fun at a Work event that you attended and why?
25th Anniversary at House of Blues - Great venue and awesome to celebrate the company's milestone.
Our Spring Kick-Off Meeting – We start each year with an offsite meeting for all Job Supervisors and Managers. This meeting sets the tone for the year, we review the expectations for the upcoming season and celebrate employees' work anniversaries.
8. What is the one thing about you that might surprise people?
I have only had two jobs since I started working and they both have been at a landscape company.
9. What do you enjoy doing when not at Turfscape?
Hanging out with my fiancée and going to car shows with my friends. Going on vacation and getting to enjoy life outside of work.
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
- I enjoy traveling and one of my favorite vacation spots in Punta Cana
- I dream about staying in a Cabana on the water in Bora, Bora
- Pizza and donuts are my weakness
- I love tattoos and have a half sleeve on my left arm
- I am superstitious. I wear a necklace that was given to me with a cross, a charm of St. Christopher, and a hand-carved charm that was given to me in Punta Cana by a local for good luck. They never come off!