Chris White - Branch Manager
1. What is your name and title?
Chris White, Branch Manager - Twinsburg
2. What is your role at Turfscape? Explain any job responsibilities.
Management of branch including routing and production, financial analysis, human resources, fleet logistics, sales and weatherman.
-Assists in new landscape and snow account sales
-Assists President with all foresight, planning, development, and strategy
-Develops, clarifies and defines all work standards; Identifies, develops and implements needed systems and procedures for continued improvement
-Manages customer relationships to ensure continuous sales growth and excellent customer service
-Monitors and analyzes the financial performance of landscape projects to ensure timeliness, profitability, and customer satisfaction
-Oversees all training activities
-Oversees annual enhancement sales goals
-Oversees coaching, development, education, and training of Account Managers, Operations Administration and Mechanics
-Oversees landscape and snow account renewals
-Oversees landscape and snow seasons from prep, production, billing, and Customer satisfaction
-Oversees operating budget
-Oversees safe working conditions for all Employees
-Reviews efficiencies, job costing and purchasing
3. How long have you worked at Turfscape? If you’ve held different positions at Turfscape, please explain.
Since 1997. Started as a Job Supervisor and worked my way to Account Manager to Branch Manager.
4. How long have you worked in the landscape industry? Share any pertinent info.
Since 1988. I started with a small company in Akron. When my wife and I had our first child, I came to Turfscape and have been here ever since.
5. What industry AND non-industry designations/certifications/degrees do you have?
CLT, CLP, CSP, ASCA Certified. Have taken numerous continuing education classes, attended industry seminars, and read a lot of books.
6. What is your favorite project you worked on at Turfscape and why? It could be a Customer or Giving Back Project. If you have multiple, please share all!
I really enjoy working with McMaster Carr in Aurora. They have a unique vision of their site and have allowed me to work on numerous (and challenging) projects. Huntsford Farms has also been fun, as the level of detail and commitment to improving the landscape has been fun.
From an operations standpoint, using Lean to add value for customers has been exciting.
7. What is your favorite Have Fun at Work event that you attended and why? If you have multiple, please share all!
I had a great time at the Turfscape 25th Anniversary Celebration. We rented out the House of Blues. People got on stage and sang Journey songs. Several of us went backstage and saw rock-and-roll memorabilia, signatures and walls, and dressing rooms. As a landscaping rock fan, that was fun!
8. What is the one thing about you that might surprise people?
I met Miley Cyrus in an elevator in Kentucky.
9. What do you enjoy doing when not at Turfscape?
Music, playing guitar, running, reading, cooking, and spending time with my wife, 2 daughters, and my Labrador.
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
Nope, you now know too much. Let’s keep this our secret.