George Hohman - President
1. What is your name and title?
George Hohman - Founder & President
2. What is your role at Turfscape? Explain any job responsibilities.
First and foremost I lead our company culture & sales efforts but ultimately have a hand in everything from day to day operations and big picture planning & budgeting.
3. How long have you worked at Turfscape? If you’ve held different positions at Turfscape, please explain.
Since 1988, at one point or another, I have taken part in every Turfscape position:
Technician, Job Supervisor, Operations Manager, Account Manager, Branch Manager, Admin, President
4. How long have you worked in the landscape industry? Share any pertinent info.
Since 1988, when I started the company. I originally worked out of my parent's garage with a Chevy blazer and a trailer for my mowing equipment.
5. What industry AND non-industry designations/certifications/degrees do you have?
Certified Landscape Professional
Certified Snow Professional
Cleveland State University
6. What is your favorite project you worked on at Turfscape and why? It could be a Customer or Giving Back Project. If you have multiple, please share all!
PAWSibilities/Humane Society of Summit County - Giving Back by revamping the dog enrichment area
John Carroll University - The transition of our partnership
Trinity High School - Giving Back by completely overhauling the school's landscaping
7. What is your favorite Have Fun at Work event that you attended and why? If you have multiple, please share all!
Akron Rubberducks game - I love watching baseball and it was great hanging out with everyone
8. What is the one thing about you that might surprise people?
I coach baseball at Trinity High School
9. What do you enjoy doing when not at Turfscape?
Hike - Fish - Hunt
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
I love that Turfscape and all of our team members care about giving back to the community.