Jeff O'Neill - Chief Financial Officer
1. What is your name and title?
Jeff O'Neill, CFO
2. What is your role at Turfscape? Explain any job responsibilities.
-Oversee financial aspects of the company including financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, federal, state and local tax compliance, as well as other accounting/finance functions.
-Maintain outside relationships with banker, insurance agents, brokers, investment advisor, corporate attorney and outside CPA firm.
-Part of the senior leadership team responsible for making decisions directing the overall visions and strategic plan of the company.
3. How long have you worked at Turfscape? If you’ve held different positions at Turfscape, please explain.
Since 2006 – came in as Financial Manager and subsequently promoted to CFO.
4. How long have you worked in the landscape industry? Share any pertinent info.
In landscape industry since 2006. Spent 15 years in public accounting working for various CPA firms.
5. What industry AND non-industry designations/certifications/degrees do you have?
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
B.S. in Accounting from University of Akron
6. What is your favorite project you worked on at Turfscape and why? It could be a Customer or Giving Back Project. If you have multiple, please share all!
Trinity landscape project – because it was such a large scale project and so many people involved. Not being in the field, it gave me a chance to work closely with team members I don’t normally get to work with. Also, it was a great feeling to see what such an immense effort could accomplish – the end result looked great.
7. What is your favorite Have Fun at Work event that you attended and why? If you have multiple, please share all!
The Turfscape 25 year anniversary party. Not only was it a great opportunity to see all Turfscape employees, but it was a chance to meet people outside Turfscape that contributed in some way to the success of the Company over the years.
8. What is the one thing about you that might surprise people?
I have been a commissioner of a Fantasy Football League since 1999.
9. What do you enjoy doing when not at Turfscape?
I enjoy playing golf, going on walks in different parks, doing projects around the house and spending time with my wife Sharon and three kids.
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
Not at this time...