2. What is your role at Turfscape? Explain any job responsibilities.
I handle the day to day Accounting and Human Resource responsibilities. This includes Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Payroll, Benefits Administration and HR Compliance.
3. How long have you worked at Turfscape? If you’ve held different positions at Turfscape, please explain.
4. How long have you worked in the landscape industry? Share any pertinent info.
5. What industry AND non-industry designations/certifications/degrees do you have?
BA in Sociology
6. What is your favorite project you worked on at Turfscape and why? It could be a Customer or Giving Back Project. If you have multiple, please share all!
PAWSibilities/Humane Society of Summit County – It was our first big giving back project and I was blown away at how many people showed up to help and how much we were able to accomplish in such a short amount of time. It was such a great feeling knowing how much the staff at the Humane Society appreciated all of our efforts. I was able to bring my son with me and he had a lot of fun, learned a lot and keeps asking when the next event will be.
7. What is your favorite Have Fun at Work event that you attended and why? If you have multiple, please share all!
I enjoy all of our Have Fun at Work events because it gives everyone, from the Field to the Office, a chance to interact outside the normal day to day work day. However, if I had to pick my favorite I would have to say the Turfscape Olympics. It is always fun to see how we can come up with creative ways to use our equipment and turn it into a game. Plus it combines two of our Core Values – Have Fun at Work and Compete in Everything We Do.
8. What is the one thing about you that might surprise people?
We have a mini farm at our house. We raise chickens and pigs and plan on expanding it with more animals.
9. What do you enjoy doing when not at Turfscape?
We are heavily involved in wrestling, cheerleading, gymnastics and 4-H. If I am not at work, odds are that I am either at a practice, a game or even at the county fair!!
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?