2. What is your role at Turfscape? Explain any job responsibilities.
As a part of the operations team, I perform various tasks such as preparing contract renewals for the landscaping and snow seasons, setting up, contracting, and scheduling work orders, and assisting account managers with a variety of tasks. Along with this, I create purchase orders and order materials we need here at the shop that we will need for upcoming jobs. Because of my Spanish degree, I am called upon to assist in interpreting for our Spanish-speaking workforce and I help bridge the communication gap between the English speakers and non-English speakers.
3. How long have you worked at Turfscape? If you’ve held different positions at Turfscape, please explain.
I started at Turfscape in January 2017, fresh out of college.
4. How long have you worked in the landscape industry? Share any pertinent info.
I’ve worked in the landscape industry since I began working at Turfscape in January of 2017. I’m lucky to be able to see so many sides of the business and learn about it every day.
5. What industry AND non-industry designations/certifications/degrees do you have?
I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Spanish Translation from Kent State University in December of 2016. I had a minor in International Business as well.
6. What is your favorite project you worked on at Turfscape and why? It could be a Customer or Giving Back Project. If you have multiple, please share all!
I really enjoyed our Giving Back Project at Trinity High School that we performed in July 2017. It was great to have everyone together, since I rarely get to see the employees that work out in the field. We had a lot of fun with it, and it also made us feel good to give back to the community. I also really enjoy the opportunities I have to get out of the office to go see job sites.
7. What is your favorite Have Fun at Work event that you attended and why? If you have multiple, please share all!
Pretty soon after I began working at Turfscape, we had an event at Sky Zone. This was a great chance to put faces to names and to have fun!
8. What is the one thing about you that might surprise people?
I was in marching band in high school and played the flute! I was really bad at it but a lot of my friends were in band, so it didn’t matter. We went to Disney World twice to perform!
9. What do you enjoy doing when not at Turfscape?
I enjoy spending time with friends and family, whether that means just hanging out at home, going to a Cavs game, or really anything else! I love dogs (especially mine) so I love to take him for walks when I can!
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?